Friday, July 31, 2009

I'm finaly doing something after having a baby!

So, I just set a goal for myself, it may seem small, but its only been 5 months since I had a baby! I just signed up for a 5K, I'm going to be walking it. Its on August 22, and I'm doing it with a friend so that I don't give up on it :). And in order to accomplish that goal I'm going to walk for at least 30 minutes 5 days a week for this first week and then gradually increase that until I'm able to keep up a decent pace for 3.2 miles (I thing that is how long it is). I don't intend to win, just not be dead last, but its something more than I was doing! And now that I've told you all about it then I have to follow through!

3 comments:

  1. Woohoo!! Go Merry, that's awesome! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is so great merry! sandie and i just started the "couch to 5k" program designed to get you ready to run a 5k ... we dont have any intention of actually doing one, but we figured the running would be great for weight loss!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2.6 pounds lost in the first week! And I actually only jogged 2 days and did tennis one day. But that's great Merry! I'm excited for you! I did a 5k one time, it was the final for a jogging class at the college, I half jogged and half walked it. But it felt good when I was done!

    ReplyDelete