Monday, June 29, 2009

Clearly We Need to Stick Together

This is a follow up to Melanie's last post. I just got home from a big camping trip, so I just discovered this blog! Melanie and I have been working out to the Chalene workouts together and we are in the second week of the final month this week. Well since I was camping Thursday (last week) through this morning (Monday) that means that I wasn't around to work out with Melanie, not there to support her...and nobody was there to encourage me either! It just goes to show that support and encouragement go a long way, and when the structures are removed it's just that much easier to give in to temptation.

I include myself in those statements of course. I decided I would skip all of the work outs since there wasn't any real good way to do them camping. I wasn't exactly going to hook the lap top up to the power inverter and work out in the tent or by the picnic table or anything! But I did tell myself that I could do other things to stay active. And it sort of worked out. I took the dog out for walks on the beach in the morning, I played a little football with Elliott, we went on the Hall of Mosses hike, and we took lots of walks with the dog around the campground. BUT..... I also ate toasted marshmallows, I drank lots of sodas and juices, I ate junk food, and even had breakfasts such as beacon and eggs and pancakes, etc... so over all....it was a TERRIBLE weekend! I even tortured myself and gave in to cravings and had an ice cream cone on the way home on the ferry today!!! I'm not even supposed to be eating dairy, so I paid for it dearly within half an hour...but bad bad bad with the self control!

We are going camping again this next weekend, and Jonathon promised to let me have more control over the menu to make sure that we eat healthier because this weekend was just embarrassing!

Tomorrow at work, I will know the damage when I use the fancy digital scale....Melanie, expect to hear from me with tears!

3 comments:

  1. ok so my big plan to be SO good this week: FAIL. its only monday, whats up with that? i didnt do my workout today because other things kept coming up... and then of course when i finally had time to do it i was starving and so i had dinner and was then too full to do my workout... yah. so tomorrow i absolutely AM going to work out, even though its a rest day... dont know what im going to do, i cant do today's workout because you want to break up the strength training and we will be doing strength training on wensday. maybe some sort of aerobic workout. ANYTHING... because i had a 2 giant cookies today and i ate the crap out of it... so good. only now i feel a little sick because im not used to eating food like that. also its 4th of july this weekend and you just KNOW there will be junk food, i need to prepare myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am bringing potato salad, that's not all that bad......I will not add sugar and the mayo is just eggs and oil healthy really, right? A guest is bringing watermelon salad and if we eat the burgers no buns again not too bad....we will do fine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melanie, can you post pictures of the 4th here? I got some great ones of Matthew for you, and we can then forget all about the cupcakes?

    ReplyDelete