Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Inspiration

I've started using an iPhone app called Run Keeper lately that tracks, using the GPS on my phone, the workouts I do. Most of my workouts are walking, but I've also used it to track my running and the hike Sandie and I did a couple weeks ago. If you want to check out my progress/check up on me/keep me motivated you can check out my profile here: Melanie's Runkeeper Profile

I appreciate any and all types of motivation, and recently my (and some of your) cousin Joseph added me as a friend, so to speak, on Run Keeper. And can I just say... WOW. I mean really, WOW. Apparently he is training to complete an olympic triathlon this year. I'm not even sure I totally know what that means, but I know it sounds hard! And way beyond anything I'd ever set out to do! Anyway, any time he completes a workout it posts it up to the site... and I must say that I'm impressed. He is inspiring to me! The more working out I do...walking, running, biking, that sort of thing... the more I actually find myself enjoying it. Hopefully some day I will be fit enough to compete in something like that... actually, my goal is just to be able to do a 5k some day. To actually run a 5k that is.

Check him out, he's awesome: Joseph's Runkeeper Profile

No comments:

Post a Comment