Tuesday, April 24, 2012

dieting rules

I'm starting my new weight loss plan today. For reals. I did my first workout in a long time, and I'm doing my best to eat right! I always struggle with what to eat. I'm thinking I'm going to do a version of the Slim Fast diet. I like the shakes, and I love not having to prepare meals for work or while trying to corral two kids. The thing is though, I don't want to have a really strict diet. I want to have a healthier way of living so that this is a permanent change and not just a temporary diet that will end in me going back to doing things exactly as I was. I'm going to make some weight loss rules for myself and if nothing else, I must follow these rules. Here are the rules I'm creating for myself - and if anyone has any good ideas for additions to these then please share!

1. no junk food. period. (this includes all cookies, chips, soda, etc... and especially fast food)
2. drink nothing but water and occasionally crystal light (no juice or soda - a suprising number of useless calories are consumed this way)
3. drink a minimum 64 oz of water per day, but preferably twice that (twice that = 1 gallon)
4. no food after 8 pm (really I'd like to make this time earlier, but since Aaron isn't home from work until 7 we eat dinner pretty late... I'm not really sure of a way around this yet that doesn't involve not having family dinners)
5. get at least 8 hours of sleep per night (I wish this could be more as I have a sleeping disorder - but with a baby I think I'll be lucky to even get this much. We'll see)
6. always eat breakfast
7. only bring to work the food I plan on eating that day, and no more. (if I bring more, I will always find myself bored and munching on anything in sight)


I feel like there were a couple others I had thought of... I should have written them down when I thought of them. I'll add to this list if I think of anything. That's it for now... I'll comment on how my workouts are going after I've done a few more days of it... so for now I'll leave with a picture I found that I feel is a good motivator for me. It's a good thing to picture in my mind when reaching for some sort of junk that I don't need!

1 comment:

  1. I like your rules! I have read if you must eat late, which is my problem due to getting home very late from work to make sure you move after dinner, as in don't park it on the couch but not meaning working out, just something to keep your body moving for a bit. Also, to try your best to keep late night dinners at a low carb intake as they will stay with you longer since they aren't being burned off durning sleep. :)

    ReplyDelete