Sunday, April 29, 2012

Sunday Confessional

Welcome to the Sunday confessional! This is a new feature to the blog, and one that I'm hoping will be not only fun and humorous, but therapeutic and educational. The idea is that every Sunday a contributor will start off the confessional. Then all you followers can respond in support, ideas, and hopefully your own confession from the past week! Confessions can be big or small but need to be diet, exercise or health related - no confessing to pranks or serious life sins unless you can prove it tipped your scale! Since this was my *brilliant* idea, I promised to make the first confession!
Food carries too much importance to me - and it takes a lot to admit that out loud...or at least in black in white! It's not something I can just brush off - take or leave it. There is often a full on mental battle that goes on in my head when I choose to turn food down - one than can be hard to win with so many mental excuses and justifications! This week someone brought in a cookie bouquet! I took one look at it and then my brain screamed "your sister just lost 5 pounds on her weigh in today! Stop looking at that and run away!" At least I won that battle!! Burn Notice is open for confessions - please comment and please CONFESS!


5 comments:

  1. I waited way too long to eat Wednesday, skipped lunch and forgot snacks! Then I pushed through my workout instead of starting dinner - I was so hungry at the end that I ate the first thing in sight...a CADBURY EGG!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As this is my first week really making an effort to start a new, healthier way of living... I was actually pretty good! I missed my Wednesday workout due to running out of time... but that is going to be inevitable on occasion when you've got two little ones. I DID, however, go on a date last night with Aaron and we ate at Cheesecake factory... we both agreed at the end that even though you feel extremely hungry going in - an appetizer, meal, AND dessert is overkill. I felt kind of sick afterwards. And I know that cheesecake wasn't on my diet. Thankfully I won't be weighing in again till Tuesday morning so hopefully I can work some of that off before then!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I started out the week determined not to eat sugar or food that would contribute to my weight gain! I went to a fund raising dinner last night and had a thin slice of tri tip, salad, and one cheese filled shell. Could have stopped there but then the french bread jumped in my mouth and it was soo good I must admit. Oh and Mel, I DID eat the slice of cheese cake! I mind told me I paid for it in advance so it must not go to waist. However, this morning I got on the scales and and I had gained not only the 4 lbs I had lost but 2 more! So what do I do? I eat 2 small milky way bars (not the normal size, the little ones) but still, I know I should have eaten them, but dang they were sooo good! Forgive Me Becky!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had my kids when I was really young and the weight did just literally "fall off"...I was 128 lbs. a couple of weeks after having my 3rd son. I'm in my 40's now and after meeting my 2nd husband we both gained, I went up to 163 which is bigger than I'd ever been in my whole life! I felt disgusting so over a year ago I put myself on a 1400 calorie a day regimen and I workout 4 to 5 days a week. I do Billy Blanks on youtube so it's free and I count calories myself. I'm now between 125 and 130, I don't eat fast food which is ok because I don't really care for it and I don't have a sweet tooth but my gosh, put some butter or cheese in front of me and I can't stop myself!!! I could seriously sit with a big block of cheese in my hand and just eat it!

    Good luck to you and be realistic as to your body type, we're not all made to be skinny and honestly, it's been hard for me to accept not being 112 lbs. anymore but now, at 43, it is not going to happen!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's some great timing in the start of this blog and the start of my new diet. I'm officially on one as of today, 4/30. I'm hopelessly devoted to baking and I just had my fourth (and last) child. The combo of four pregnancies within 6 years and a love of sugar and butter have left me flabbier than I'd ever thought possible. I'm counting calories and exercising when possible, but mostly counting calories. My last confession happened on Sunday, my last day of indulgence, of course. I happened across a recipe for pepper biscuits in People magazine, so despite the fact that my husband was out of town and my children would eat only one biscuit combined, I whipped up a buttermilk and heavy cream batch for myself. Topped with jam. I can report that I didn't eat every one, but close.

    ReplyDelete